Enoch Kelsey House

The Newington Historical Society continues its preservation of the Enoch Kelsey House (1799).

The Enoch Kelsey House was built by farmer and tinsmith Enoch Kelsey and his son David. Although common in design, this center-chimney style house features rare free-hand painted wall decorations, which imitate wallpaper. Historical Society members discovered the presence of four rare trompe l’oeil, or “deception” paintings on the walls of the structure slated for demolition.  A concerted community effort resulted in the moving of the Kelsey house to its present site on Main Street.



1702 Main St.
Newington, CT 06111
United States

Map & Directions