Alternate Text

Orange Historical Society at The Academy

The Orange Historical Society's properties include the Stone-Otis House (c.1830), the Academy Museum (1812) and the Bryan-Andrew House (c.1740).

 

Read More

The Stone-Otis House, c.1830, was built by Sarah and Dennis Stone. The house represents one of the finest old homes in what was the newly formed town of Orange. There is a dooryard garden with native plants and herbs. Tours by appointment only.

The Academy Museum, is a stately white clapboard building, first built in 1812 as a school. It later became the Orange Town Hall and housed the town court as well. Also houses the Mary Rebecca Woodruff Research Center.  The Academy Antique Shop is open on Saturdays, year-round offering antiques and collectibles in all price ranges.

The Bryan-Andrew House. The Bryan family was associated with Milford from its founding in 1639. Alexander and his son Richard Bryan were important figures in the local shipping industry and in the settling of lands known as North Milford, which were to become Orange. The original character of the homestead endures, as do many of the materials used by Nathan Bryan when be began this house in1739.

Pricing: Free

Less

Location:

605 Orange Center Rd.
Orange, CT 06477

Hours:

June-October, Sun. 1–4 p.m.

While You're in the Neighborhood