Things to Do in Connecticut this Spring Last Updated: November 2023
Looking for something to do in Connecticut this spring? Whether you want something active or relaxing, artsy or outdoorsy, historic or trendy, Connecticut's got you covered... all season long. Here are some highlights.
2. Look for seals. Board the research vessel EnviroLab in Groton and cruise out Long Island Sound to view Harbor Seals in their natural habitat.
3. Hike to the top. Get out in the spring air and hike to new heights. Try these trails with incredible views or the state’s top hiking destinations. Looking for more spots? Explore these hiking trails in every county.
5. Destroy things. At Connecticut’s first rage room, let out your emotions – and laugh a lot too. At Smash Avenue in West Hartford, you’ll use all your might to safely destroy breakable items while draped in protective gear.
6. Have a rockin’ day. When April showers come down, go indoor rock climbing at City Climb Gym in New Haven, Rock Climb Fairfield, Stone Age Rock Gym in Manchester, or Prime Climb Mountain Fun in Wallingford.
7. Shred the trails. Go mountain biking at Powder Ridge Mountain Park & Resort in Middlefield, try cycling on bike trails like the Farmington River Trail in Simsbury, or explore these bike trails for all speeds.
8. Go off-roading. Rent a UTV and experience a guided tour through privately owned trails in the Northwest Hills of Connecticut with Backyard Adventure UTV Tours in Canaan.
10. Tee up. Grab your clubs, kart, and take a swing at Lyman Orchards Golf Club in Middlefield, Gillette Ridge Golf Club in Bloomfield, Longshore Park in Westport, Lake of Isles in North Stonington, Rockledge Golf Club in West Hartford, or Fairview Farm Golf Course in Harwinton.
11. Row, row, row your boat. Get out on the water and rent kayaks from Sea Kayak Connecticut in Westport, Black Hall Outfitters in Westbrook and Old Lyme, Clarke Outdoors in West Cornwall, or Branford River Paddlesports in Branford.
Arts and Culture
12. Tour historic homes and gardens. Connecticut is filled with landmarks steeped in rich history – and gorgeous grounds. Explore these spots and discover the beauty around every corner.
13. Take an art class. Whether you prefer painting, pottery, or more, dive into your creative side by taking art classes for all levels at Washington Art Association, Farmington Valley Arts Center in Avon, or Wesleyan Potters in Middletown.
14. Explore unique museums. Learn about something new at less typical history museums such as the Greater Middletown Military Museum, Mystic Seaport Museum, Vintage Hi Fi Museum in West Hartford, New England Motorcycle Museum in Vernon, the New England Carousel Museum in Bristol, or the Institute for American Indian Studies in Washington.
16. Find flowers. From daffodils to cherry blossoms and more, browse beautiful blossoms all over the state and visit these picture perfect gardens for springtime.
17. See historic bridges. Did you know Connecticut is home to bridges with unique histories and designs? Road trip through the state and visit them all!
18. Go antiquing. Travel across the state finding treasure on the Connecticut Antiques Trail – you never know what you’ll find!
Food and Drink Adventures
19. Try new brews. Grab a beer and a bite at spots such as Phantom Brewing Company in Hartford, Dockside Brewery in Milford, Half Full Brewery in Stamford, Clocktown Brewing Company in Thomaston, or NewSylum Brewing Company in Newtown. And find more spots here.
20. Dine outside. As the weather warms up, take advantage, and enjoy outdoor dining at any of these restaurants around the state.
21. Try vegan treats. Connecticut has an abundance of plant-based offerings! Check out these restaurants, bakeries, and more for vegan feasts, you won't want to miss.
22. Eat a la carte. Enjoy the spring air and sample foods of all kinds. Take a walking tour of nearly 30 food trucks offering tasty treats at Food Truck Paradise by Long Wharf in New Haven, savor flavors under string lights at GastroPark in West Hartford or Parkville Market in Hartford.
23. Go brunching. There’s something about spring that just says “brunch” – especially brunch that looks as superb as it tastes. Snap an Instagram shot (and send your taste buds to heaven) at these photo-worthy brunch spots.
24. Devour donuts. Add some extra happiness to your morning. Pick up delicious (and sometimes even photo-worthy) donuts from Blazing Fresh Donuts in Guilford, Donut Crazy in multiple locations across the state, Young Buns Doughnuts in Mystic, or the newly opened Neil’s Donuts in Wallingford.
25. Take a pizza tour. Did you know that New Haven is home to not one, not two, but four of the nation’s top pizza places (including America’s #1)? Explore the city and sample a slice of history. Discover even more spots along the Connecticut Pizza Trail.
27. Grill and chill. It’s officially cookout season. Pick up locally sourced goods from Connecticut’s craft butchers and fish markets to make the perfect backyard feast.
28. Make the most of the wine trail. Try a tasting, buy a bottle, take in the views and spring air – there’s so much to love about the Connecticut Wine Trail. Visit these great vineyards and get your Wine Trail Passport for the perfect afternoon outing.
29. Make new (animal) friends. Meet friendly marine creatures at Mystic Aquarium or The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk, see tigers and more at Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo in Bridgeport, and greet farm animals at Flamig Farm in West Simsbury or Cold Spring Farm in Colchester.
31. Hunt for Easter eggs. Celebrate the holiday with a day of egg hunting and Easter Bunny visits.
32. Escape reality. Want to shoot zombies, travel the world, golf, box, play silly games, and more? Now you can – with virtual reality fun at The Vault in Seymour or Xperiment Virtual Reality in Trumbull and North Haven.
33. Do a family photoshoot. Whether you’re planning a maternity shoot or simply desire shots of the whole family, Connecticut features many scenic outdoor backdrops for capturing special moments. Discover these photo-worthy family photo locations – the results will be stunning.
34. Play indoors. On a rainy spring day, take the fun inside with these indoor adventures from ropes courses to sports centers.
35. Follow the clues. Round up the kids for a day of outdoor riddle-solving with scavenger hunts throughout the state. It’ll be a day to remember!
38. Find amusement. In late spring, our theme parks finally open! Enjoy classic rides, thrilling coasters, water park fun, and several attractions you won't find anywhere else in New England at Lake Compounce in Bristol or Quassy in Middlebury.
Rest and Relaxation
39. Try the country’s best spa. Detox at the five-star Winvian Farm in Morris — named the nation's #1 desination spa, by Condé Nast Traveler. Or enjoy treatments from great spas like The Spa at Litchfield Hills in Litchfield, Mayflower Inn & Spa in Washington, By the Sea Day Spa in Branford, or these great spots.
41. Take in small-town charm. Leisurely stroll, shop, or dine in one of the state’s walkable towns.
42. Visit a nature center. Stroll beautiful trails, view galleries, learn about the environment and see animals when you visit the Stamford Museum & Nature Center, Roaring Brook Nature Center in Canton or the Connecticut Audubon Society Center at Pomfret.
44. Unwind with sound healing. Embark on a sound journey and achieve a state of deep relaxation to retune and rebalance at The Sound Retreat in Chester.
46. Chase sunsets. Spring brings not only more light, but warmer nights. What better way to celebrate the changing of the seasons than by watching the sunset with your special someone at one of Connecticut’s picturesque beaches. Cozy up with warm blankets and a bottle of wine to watch the show in the sky.
47. Plan a picnic. Once it’s warm, pack a basket with your best treats, lay out a blanket and enjoy each other’s company on a sweet and intimate picnic at these great spots.
48. Paint your love together. Looking for a new fun date night activity? Master the art of painting together at one of Connecticut’s painting studios! Create a classic beach scene or fruit basket at Essex Paint and Sip in Essex or Muse Paint Barin West Hartford.
49. Try a little of everything. From art, escape rooms, and casinos, to spas, distilleries, and nature centers, plan the perfect day with your special someone, experiencing something new at every corner.
50. Pick tulips. Flowers are always a romantic gesture. Create your own gorgeous bouquet together at Wicked Tulips Flower Farm in Preston.