A 22-acre park with 1840 house and 1826 brick barn. Site of Connecticut's first Christmas tree.Read More
The Noden-Reed Barn & House stand with beauty and dignity as they have since the 1800s. Each embraces treasures and mementos from the earlier days of this riverside town. Built in 1826, the barn is one of the few remaining brick barns in New England. Inside, handsome carriages look ready for a Sunday ride. Fine old farm tools include the hatchets and spears once used to cultivate tobacco. In the 1840 farmhouse, handstitched quilts and blankets adorn antique beds. Vintage clothing, uniforms and accessories are on abundant display. And an array of jugs, bottles, tin and wooden utensils line the country kitchen shelves. As one of the town's nine homesteads at the time of the Revolutionary War, Noden-Reed Park was the site of Hessian soldier Henrick Roddemore's cabin. By legend, this was the home of Connecticut's first Christmas tree in 1777. With great pride, the Windsor Locks Historical Society welcomes you to see and savor these 19th-century highlights at the Noden-Reed Barn & House.
Tour time: 30-60 minutes
Other amenities: Parking
Other Amenities: Bus Parking
Dates of Operation: May-Oct.,