37 Things to Do in Connecticut This February Last Updated: July 2023
Looking for something to do in Connecticut in February? Whether you want something active or relaxing, cultural or nature-oriented, historic or trendy, Connecticut's got you covered. Here are some highlights for February.
For even more ideas check out CTvisit.com where you can search by type of activity under the DO navigation tab, or browse articles full of ideas under the IDEAS tab.
1. Climb to the top. Ever think you could climb a waterfall? Well you can – when it’s frozen. Ascent Climbing offers guided ice climbing lessons for adventurers of all experience levels.
2. Rock it out. Ice climbing a little too intimidating? Don’t worry, adventure can happen anywhere – including indoors. Try out an exciting day of rock climbing at one of Connecticut’s rock climbing gyms like City Climb Gym in New Haven or Central Rock Gym in Glastonbury.
3. Stride cross-country. Swap the downhill runs for a peaceful glide through nature when cross-country skiing at James Goodwin State Forest in Hampton, White Memorial Foundation in Litchfield, or Winding Trails Cross Country Ski Center in Farmington.
4. See eagles soar. Did you know Connecticut is the winter home of eagles who travel south from Maine and Canada when their habitats freeze over? This means that seeing these majestic creatures in person is easier than you think! Catch amazing views of eagles at the Shepaug Dam in Southbury.
5. Try new moves on the slopes. Try out some new snowy activities like night skiing at Ski Sundown, tubing at Mohawk Mountain Ski Area, ski biking at Powder Ridge Mountain Park Resort, or riding e-bikes through the snow at Covered Bridge Electric Bike Rental for a wonderful winter outing.
Rest and Relaxation
7. Pamper your “Galentines.” Celebrate Galentine’s Day on February 13 with all your best girlfriends – take a well-deserved spa day at one of Connecticut’s beautiful spas.
8. Escape through the page. Curl up in a cozy place and travel to wherever you want – with a good book. Explore one of the best places to read and relax in Connecticut and spend an overnight in a spot with a tie to literature.
9. Float your cares away. Experience peace like you never have before with sensory deprivation therapy at Imagine Float in Avon or Surrender to the Float in Guilford. This activity has even been known to lower blood pressure!
10. Shavasana in a salt cave. Practice yoga in a blissful new location: a salt cave. Try a yoga class at Salt Cave of Darien or meditation-based yoga at Soulshine Salt Cavern in Durham for a whole new level of relaxation.
Arts, Culture and History
11. Marvel at the murals. Winter weather keeping you indoors? Check out all the captivating larger-than-life artwork that Connecticut art museums have to offer.
12. Go on the (antique) hunt. Connecticut is filled with fascinating vintage treasures waiting to be found. Start your treasure hunt on the Antiques Trail.
13. See stunning art. Discover Connecticut’s artistic treasures along the award-winning Connecticut Art Trail which includes 21 world-class museums and historic sites, ranging from bucolic farms, art studios and former artists’ boarding houses to grand and modern downtown art museums.
14. Snap some winter beauty. Take advantage of the winter wonderland sights at these Instagrammable winter locations and get the shot that will captivate your followers.
15. Celebrate Black History. February is Black History Month — honor the rich history of Black Americans in Connecticut at these landmarks and businesses. Or attend the Urban League of Greater Hartford's Annual Black History Month Celebration with the theme, “A Legacy Revealed | A Glimpse of Hope,” at the Mark Twain House.
17. See new movies in a historic theater. Watch the latest critically acclaimed films immersed in the ornately beautiful, hisotric setting of the Garde Arts Center's Winter Cinema Series. Enjoy top notch storytelling on the big screen with 4K digital projection and full surround sound.
Food and Drink Adventures
19. Celebrate food holidays. Did you know February is filled with great holidays dedicated to some of your favorite treats? Connecticut has got your celebrations covered. For National Bagels and Lox Day on February 9, visit the boutique “bagelry” at OLMO in New Haven for unique bagel creations. After a bagel breakfast, celebrate with a pizza lunch for National Pizza Day which is also on February 9 – take a bite out of the best pizza in America or snap some shots of Instagrammable pizza. If you're a seafood fan, visit some of Connecticut’s best spots for clam chowder on February 25 for National Clam Chowder Day.
20. Brunch it up. Wake up your weekend with waffles, eggs, bacon or perhaps a mimosa or two. Make your Sunday a fun day by checking out some of Connecticut’s best brunch spots. Or make brunch extra fun at the Heartbreak Drag Brunch in Hartford.
21. Try dessert destinations. Treat your sweet tooth and your camera too with the most photogenic confections in Connecticut. Try these spots for picture-esq chocolate.
22. Tour top restaurants. Try award-winning flavors at Connecticut's Best Restaurants, recently announced by the Connecticut Restaurant Association.
23. Be a foodie fan. Love Iron Chef or Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives? Many of the best celebrity chefs actually have restaurants in Connecticut that are fun and easy to check out – and delicious too.
24. Sip bourbon. Attend Saybrook Point's Kings County Distillery Bourbon Dinner for an evening of fine bourbon tasting paired with a five-course dinner. The evening will be complemented by our special guest speaker, Irene Tan, a leader in the bourbon community.
25. Attend an LGBTQ+ community dinner. Hang and connect with the local LGBTQ+ community over pizza in a safe space for community building.
26. Find spring in your step. Take the family for a fun-filled day jumping at Sky Zone in Norwalk.
27. Have a sweet day. Did you know that the world’s most comprehensive collection of PEZ memorabilia is right in Connecticut? Bring the whole family to see the PEZ motorcycle, the world's largest PEZ dispenser and more at the PEZ Visitor Center.
28. Feel the need for speed. If you’re in the mood for some fast-paced fun, check out some of Connecticut’s go-kart tracks like OnTrack Karting in Wallingford or Monza World Class Karting at Foxwoods in Mashantucket.
30. Visit world-class aquariums. Find sharks in the big tanks, enormously endearing African penguins, beluga whales and more at Mystic Aquarium. And at the Maritime Aquarium in South Norwalk, get up close with other marine life friends.
31. Board trains and trolleys. Ride the rails through the countryside when you explore train and trolley museums across the state.
Romantic Escapes & Valentine's Day
33. Cozy up by the fire. Whether you’re staying overnight or simply dining out, Connecticut has your Valentines ambiance covered with these romantic fireplace locations.
34. Stray from the cliché. Looking to plan a date they’ll never forget? Impress your Valentine with these unique and exciting date ideas.
36. Plan a date like a movie. Instead of staying in and watching a movie together, try living like the characters from your favorite movies! It's sure to make an unforgettable date.