Maple Sugaring in Connecticut
Plumes of smoke and steam rise from evaporators in hundreds of sugarhouses all across Connecticut this time of year. Local sugar makers and their many loyal customers eagerly look forward to this annual rite of spring.
The traditional maple sugaring season in Connecticut extends from early February until late March, depending greatly on the weather. Freezing nights and warm, sunny days are necessary to provide good sap yields.
During the sugaring season, maple producers welcome adults and children interested in observing the maple sugar making process. Watch how sap is gathered and boiled, and smell the hot steam rising off the evaporator. You can purchase maple syrup and other maple products during the sugaring season and throughout the year at many sugarhouses.
Visit Connecticut during maple syrup season – there are several special Maple Sugar events throughout the state this spring! For more information on spring activities in Connecticut, visit www.CTvisit.com.
- 5 Unique Ways to Celebrate Thanksgiving
- 10 Reasons to Love Connecticut during the Holiday Season
- 10 Things to Do in CT - Before You Lose Your Paid Vacation Days
- Made in CT - A Holiday Extravaganza for Gift-Givers
- In Connecticut, Follow the Lights to Holiday Cheer!
- Winter Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Santa Sightings in Connecticut
- Pick Your Own Connecticut Christmas Tree!
- Holiday Getaways
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- The Great Stages of Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 2014 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Making the Most of the Wine Trail
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- A Romantic Night Away
- Splash & Play
- Instant Romance Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save
- Treasure Hunting
- Take a Hike...
- "Holiday Inn" - Goodspeed Dinners
- Mystic Seaport Package: The Museum of America and the Sea
- Connecticut Still Revolutionary Culture Seekers
- Entertainment Package
- Holiday Shopping: Stay, Shop & Save!
- "A Christmas Carol" - 25% off Limited Tickets for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Stay & Play: Catch the Holiday Spirit