- CT Fairs 2014
- Fall Foliage Report
- Try It!
- Play! in Connecticut
- Mohegan Sun
- CT Wine Trail
- Foliage Drives
- Top 10 Hiking
- Rest & Relaxation
- Fall on the Farm
- Foliage Up High
- CT Barns Trail
- Natural Wonders
- Different Museums
- Bridging History
- Charming Towns
- Dining with a View
- CT Antiques Trail
- Maritime Aquarium
- American Art
Maple Sugaring in Connecticut
Plumes of smoke and steam rise from evaporators in hundreds of sugarhouses all across Connecticut this time of year. Local sugar makers and their many loyal customers eagerly look forward to this annual rite of spring.
The traditional maple sugaring season in Connecticut extends from early February until late March, depending greatly on the weather. Freezing nights and warm, sunny days are necessary to provide good sap yields.
During the sugaring season, maple producers welcome adults and children interested in observing the maple sugar making process. Watch how sap is gathered and boiled, and smell the hot steam rising off the evaporator. You can purchase maple syrup and other maple products during the sugaring season and throughout the year at many sugarhouses.
Visit Connecticut during maple syrup season – there are several special Maple Sugar events throughout the state this spring! For more information on spring activities in Connecticut, visit www.CTvisit.com.
- Fall Getaway of the Week
- 2014 Connecticut Country Fair Season
- Dining with a View
- Play! in Connecticut Fall Theatre Festival
- Connecticut’s Top 10 2014 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Tee Time: CT’s Top 5 Golf Courses You Can Play
- Best Bike Rides: 7 Ways to Go
- Mountain Biking at Its Best
- Connecticut’s Country Fairs 2014
- Making the Most of the Wine Trail
- Under the Covers: Fall Reading, Connecticut-Style
- Romantic Couples Escapes
- Connecticut Fall Foliage Report
- Connecticut Fall Foliage Driving Tours
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- September: Second Summer
- The Quick Fix Day Spa Package
- Girlfriends Getaway Package
- A Romantic Night Away
- Instant Romance Package
- Experiences Rail and Beach Package
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame!
- Lighthouse Weekend Overnight Package
- Lighthouse Stay & Tour Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save
- Historical Tour Package
- Take a Hike...