52 GetawaysSee All 52 Getaways
If winter’s chilly days and long nights are making you restless, embark on an outdoor adventure and let Jack Frost nip at your nose. Connecticut offers an array of cold weather activities sure to cure the worst case of cabin fever – and have you hoping for snow!
What do a trash museum, handmade gifts, robots and portraits have in common? Well, for one thing they all contribute to Connecticut’s rich and diverse arts and cultural scene. Each offers refuge from the cold weather, as well as hours of entertainment this winter! Explore the state’s art centers, world-renowned professional theaters, offbeat museums and exciting new exhibits along the Connecticut Art Trail for a winter like no other.
The chilly days of winter inspire exciting and unique adventures at Connecticut’s family-oriented theaters, indoor sports centers, ski areas and culinary schools. Try something new or fall back on an old favorite, and create seasonal family traditions and memories that extend way beyond the holidays.
Delve into Connecticut’s deep history this winter, and you will uncover a new world of opportunities!
This winter, take a cue from the season. Embrace its quiet stillness and take some time to relax and recharge after a busy year. Connecticut offers an array of rest and relaxation experiences to meet all needs. If you prefer retail therapy, stroll down a classic Main Street setting and explore the variety of shops and boutiques. To escape it all for a day or two, head to one of our many stress-reducing spas. And to blow off some steam, live it up at the casinos, where gaming, great food, entertainment and sports converge to create an unforgettable experience. And just to get quiet and cozy, find a fireplace to snuggle up with.
- 5 Surefire Ways to Leave Behind the Winter Doldrums
- Celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Connecticut!
- Mud Season in Connecticut
- Maple Sugaring in Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Walkable Towns For Spring
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- New 2014 Official Connecticut Visitors Guide Now Available!
- Cabin Fever Reliever
- Eagle Watching in Connecticut
- 15 Ways to Get Active, Stay Healthy and Save Money in the New Year
- Getaways for Less Than $10
- Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut Recovers
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Connecticut Wineries
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails