52 GetawaysSee All 52 Getaways
Can it really be time to get outdoors again? As the days finally begin to warm for spring, Connecticut’s streams and trails open up for your inspection – and enjoyment – and so do unique excursions by bike and motorcycle. Get out and meet the season head-on!
Whether your tastes run to Impressionist art, residential architecture or mid-century modern, Connecticut is a treasure trove of riches – both historic and fully up to date. Save some time for an exploration of Irish culture – in fact, make it a multiday feast!
Here are ways for you and your kids to get outdoors at last, with trips to terrific nature centers and state parks with special kid-friendly features. Also, great ways for the family to ride the rails, get the most out of Connecticut’s children’s museums and take a dinosaur tour.
Connecticut is a canvas for many histories, each still alive in its own way. Come walk through the stories of the American Revolution, the Industrial Revolution, strong women in Connecticut and through the fortifications and town greens that help tell America’s story.
Spring is a time for unwinding in Connecticut, with whatever pursuit you desire. A romantic inn by the sea? Great. The best places to see Connecticut in spring bloom? Check. And always, great food and wonderful places to stay. Come during blossom time and you may never want to leave!
- You Deserve a Spring Break!
- Connecticut's Celebrity Chefs
- Spring Festivals, Flowers & Family Fun
- April School Vacation Activities & Fun!
- The Brunch Bunch
- Get Muddy This Spring at Connecticut Spas
- Best Bike Rides: 7 Ways to Go
- Pet-Friendly Connecticut
- Book Your Connecticut Beach Rental Now!
- Connecticut Open House Day - June 13, 2015
- 2015 Official Connecticut Visitors Guide Now Available
- Connecticut Green Lodging Certifies 31st Hotel
- Your 2015 Connecticut Checklist: Top Attractions and Events to Experience This Year
- Look What the Experts are Saying About Connecticut!
- Cozy Connecticut Inns
- Connecticut State Parks “The Sky’s the Limit” 2015 Hiking Challenge
- Top 10 - Connecticut's Dining Favorites
- Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Weddings in Connecticut
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- UConn - Campus of Champions!
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures