Cozy Connecticut Inns
There’s nothing quite like a getaway to a cozy Connecticut inn during the cold winter months. Escape the chilly air and hustle and bustle of everyday life by snuggling up at a place with your favorite book, hot cocoa and friends and family. Delight yourself in a home away from home, explore some of Connecticut’s most unique restaurants and uncover the quaint New England charm of these Connecticut towns.
We’ve put together a list of five cozy inns that are sure to suit whatever experience you’re looking for:
COMPLETE RELAXATION AND SPA INDLUGENCE
- Recently named Forbes’ Hotel of the Day, the Mayflower Inn & Spa in Washington, CT is a 58 acre estate with a luminous 20,000 square foot Spa House that provides guests a serene haven for spa treatments and activities. Dine in style at the nearby Community Table, where you can enjoy the freshest locally-sourced ingredients, cooked seasonally and only with food gathered from the surrounding environment.
AN INSPIRING STAY TO SET YOUR IMAGINATION A FLURRY
- Nestled in Connecticut’s Litchfield Hills, experience the unconventional and extraordinary at Winvian in Morris, CT. Winvian features 19 uniquely designed cottages– everything from a meticulously restored 1968 helicopter cottage, a cottage inspired by nautical lifestyle and much more. While you’re there, indulge in rejuvenating and restorative spa treatments and enjoy fine, fresh dining options prepared by culinary craftsman chef Chris Eddy.
ENJOY AND EXPLORE OLD-WORLD CHARM OF A HISTORIC TOWN
- Situated in historic Essex and nestled on the banks of the Connecticut River, the Griswold Inn exudes the charm of days gone by. Wander down the Essex Main Street, browsing the windows of quaint antique stores and boutiques. Then, dine in nearby Ivoryton at Pip’s Brasserie and indulge with a 5- or 7-course tasting menu featuring seasonal local ingredients complemented by wine from the more than 2,500-bottle award-winning wine cellar. After dinner, sit back, relax and enjoy a show at the Ivoryton Playhouse, a stage that once featured some of the greatest actors of all time, including Katharine Hepburn and Marlon Brando.
VIEW BEAUTIFUL CONNECTICUT WATERS AND INDULGE IN TRADITIONAL NEW ENGLAND FARE
- Selected as a “Top Ten New England Bed and Breakfast” by TheTravelChannel.com, the Inn at Harbor Hill Marina offers beautiful lodging accommodations overlooking the charming marina. Plus, downtown Niantic is only steps away, where you will find a variety of unique boutiques, coffee shops, restaurants, and bookstores. You can also enjoy dining in a breathtaking setting at S&P Oyster House overlooking the Mystic River, while eating some of the best traditional New England seafood.
A RESORT RETREAT THAT HAS IT ALL
- Secluded along the beautiful Connecticut shoreline overlooking Long Island Sound, Water's Edge Resort & Spa in Westbrook offers an all-in-one experience. There is no need to step off the 25 acre estate during your retreat, as Water’s Edge features two of Connecticut’s best restaurants, The Restaurant at The Water's Edge and Seaview Bistro and Martini Bar. Named “Best Hotel Dining Statewide” by Connecticut Magazine, a meal at The Restaurant at Water’s Edge comes with gorgeous view of the ocean and is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- 12 Ways to Get into the Holiday Spirit NOW
- Six “Secret” Connecticut Ingredients that Will Give Your Holiday Desserts a Twist
- In Connecticut, Follow the Lights to Holiday Cheer!
- Pick Your Own Christmas Trees
- Santa Sightings in Connecticut
- Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- Holiday Fun Across Connecticut
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut Recovers
- Autumn Hikes
- Connecticut Favorites 2013
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Connecticut Wineries
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Fall Foliage Carriage Ride in Litchfield Hills
- Visit Connecticut Amtrak Discount
- Divine Wine Tasting with Priam Vineyards
- Downtown Hartford: Family Breakfast & River View Too
- Take A Hike Package
- Motorcycle Tour of the Quiet Corner
- Holiday Head Start: Shop, Spa & Stay
- Ride the Ridge at Powder Ridge Ski Mountain Park & Resort
- Festival of Lights Special