A message from Governor Dannel P. Malloy
When I’m out on the road, it sometimes seems like Connecticut is not just one state, but many, changing with the seasons and offering a variety and richness of experiences like no other place. Every year there is so much that is new, or renewed, about Connecticut that gets more interesting every day and is just waiting for you to discover. And, the best part is that it is all nearby and easy to get to whether by car, bus or train.
Connecticut is a place of hot lobster rolls and snowy ski mountains, timeless village greens and spinning roulette wheels, Impressionist art and county-fair tractor pulls, kayak rides in saltwater lagoons and zip lines flying through blazing fall foliage.
In South Norwalk, you can take a cruise out onto Long Island Sound on Spirit of the Sound, the Maritime Aquarium’s new hybrid electric research vessel, open to students and the public at large for close-up viewing of harbor seals, squid, crabs and ocean life in general.
In Hartford, you can browse through the many treasures of the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art, where various stages of an exciting $33 million renovation are about to be unveiled.
If it’s shopping that gets you up and out, you will soon find it at the new 85-store Tanger Outlets right next to Foxwoods Resort Casino, or at Storrs Center which is adjacent to the UConn campus, home to the men and women’s 2014 NCAA Championship basketball teams.
As you think about your next vacation to our great state, please don’t limit yourselves – plan an overnight or extended stay and take it all in because I know you will love what we have to offer. Within the pages that follow and on our official tourism website, CTvisit.com, you will find enough for a dozen vacations and a lifetime of memories. Welcome to Connecticut.
Dannel P. Malloy
- 10 Reasons to Love Connecticut during the Holiday Season
- 10 Things to Do in CT - Before You Lose Your Paid Vacation Days
- Made in CT - A Holiday Extravaganza for Gift-Givers
- In Connecticut, Follow the Lights to Holiday Cheer!
- Winter Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Fun & Festive New Year’s Eve Celebrations!
- Santa Sightings in Connecticut
- Pick Your Own Connecticut Christmas Tree!
- Holiday Getaways
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- Making the Most of the Wine Trail
- The Great Stages of Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 2014 Fan-Favorite Towns
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- A Romantic Night Away
- Splash & Play
- Instant Romance Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save
- Treasure Hunting
- Mystic Seaport Package: The Museum of America and the Sea
- Connecticut Still Revolutionary Culture Seekers
- Holiday Shopping: Stay, Shop & Save!
- Stay & Play: Catch the Holiday Spirit
- CoCo's Rockin' New Year's Eve Party