Connecticut's Best Restaurants
Now that all of the holiday cooking and baking is behind you, treat yourself to a night out and let someone else do all the prep work (and the cleanup!). Connecticut restaurants offer a vast variety of dining options for every palate, from casual and plentiful to gourmet, French to Asian to Mexican and everything between. But don’t take our word for it. Get the scoop straight from those who know Connecticut dining best – locals!
Following are just a few of the many fantastic restaurants voted the “Best” by the readers of Connecticut Magazine in its 2012 Reader’s Choice Awards. For more delicious dining ideas, check out the full list of nominees and winners! With so many fabulous choices all across the state, we think the real winner is you.
Statewide Winner: Union League Café, New Haven
Best New Restaurant: Mezon, Danbury
Best American: LeFarm, Westport
Best French: Union League Café, New Haven
Best Italian: Carbone’s, Hartford
Best Asian: Feng Asian Bistro, Hartford
Best Mexican/Latin American: Besito, West Hartford
Best Bistro: Luc’s Café, Ridgefield
Best Seafood: Carmen Anthony Fishhouse, Woodbury
Best Pub Grub: The White Horse Country Pub, Marbledale
Best Barbecue: The Cookhouse, New Milford
Most Romantic: Brasserie Pip, Ivoryton
Best Brunch: Water’s Edge Resort & Spa, Westbrook
Best Value: Westbrook Lobster, Wallingford
- Governor Malloy Announces New Tourism Campaign
- Top 5 Reasons to Get Excited for Spring
- 5 Walkable Wonders
- UConn - Campus of Champions!
- Visit Essex During the Bicentennial Commemoration of the Historic British Raid
- Lake Compounce Brings in New Dogs, Lasers and Tipis in 2014
- Spring Festivals, Flowers & Family Fun
- Mud Season in Connecticut
- Book Your Connecticut Beach Rental Now!
- 5 Natural Wonders of Connecticut
- 5 Surefire Ways to Leave Behind the Winter Doldrums
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- New 2014 Official Connecticut Visitors Guide Now Available!
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Cabin Fever Reliever
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut Recovers
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Connecticut Wineries