Connecticut's Best Restaurants
Now that all of the holiday cooking and baking is behind you, treat yourself to a night out and let someone else do all the prep work (and the cleanup!). Connecticut restaurants offer a vast variety of dining options for every palate, from casual and plentiful to gourmet, French to Asian to Mexican and everything between. But don’t take our word for it. Get the scoop straight from those who know Connecticut dining best – locals!
Following are just a few of the many fantastic restaurants voted the “Best” by the readers of Connecticut Magazine in its 2012 Reader’s Choice Awards. For more delicious dining ideas, check out the full list of nominees and winners! With so many fabulous choices all across the state, we think the real winner is you.
Statewide Winner: Union League Café, New Haven
Best New Restaurant: Mezon, Danbury
Best American: LeFarm, Westport
Best French: Union League Café, New Haven
Best Italian: Carbone’s, Hartford
Best Asian: Feng Asian Bistro, Hartford
Best Mexican/Latin American: Besito, West Hartford
Best Bistro: Luc’s Café, Ridgefield
Best Seafood: Carmen Anthony Fishhouse, Woodbury
Best Pub Grub: The White Horse Country Pub, Marbledale
Best Barbecue: The Cookhouse, New Milford
Most Romantic: Brasserie Pip, Ivoryton
Best Brunch: Water’s Edge Resort & Spa, Westbrook
Best Value: Westbrook Lobster, Wallingford
- 10 Reasons to Love Connecticut during the Holiday Season
- 10 Things to Do in CT - Before You Lose Your Paid Vacation Days
- Made in CT - A Holiday Extravaganza for Gift-Givers
- In Connecticut, Follow the Lights to Holiday Cheer!
- Winter Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Fun & Festive New Year’s Eve Celebrations!
- Santa Sightings in Connecticut
- Pick Your Own Connecticut Christmas Tree!
- Holiday Getaways
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- Making the Most of the Wine Trail
- The Great Stages of Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 2014 Fan-Favorite Towns
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- A Romantic Night Away
- Splash & Play
- Instant Romance Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save
- Treasure Hunting
- Mystic Seaport Package: The Museum of America and the Sea
- Connecticut Still Revolutionary Culture Seekers
- Holiday Shopping: Stay, Shop & Save!
- Stay & Play: Catch the Holiday Spirit
- CoCo's Rockin' New Year's Eve Party