Connecticut's Foliage As Seen From New Heights
DO LOOK DOWN: GET UP HIGH TO VIEW CONNECTICUT’S BEAUTIFUL FALL FOLIAGE
Thrill-seekers can see the brilliant fall leaves from a different perspective this season – from up high in the clouds. Tree climbing, zip-lining and adrenaline pumping rock climbing are some of Connecticut’s more adventurous leaf-peeping offerings. Get the birds’ eye view of some of the state’s most breathtaking vistas where the full spectrum of vibrant hues is most visible and trust us, the effort is worth the ultimate reward.
According to current estimates, peak foliage in Connecticut will be between October 5th and November 13th.
Tree Climb Connecticut is run by owner Gary Gross, a professional climber and avid amateur arborist. Gross teaches his students to safely learn how to tree-climb where trees can reach up to 60 feet! During the class, students will learn to climb, sit on branches to get the most amazing views of the fall landscape and then rappel down. Open to all ages, 7 – 80+, tree-climbing is an ideal activity for families and adventure-seeking adults. For more information, please visit here: http://www.newenglandtreeclimbing.com
Empower Leadership Sports & Adventure Center in Middletown, CT, offers an adventure attraction providing Canopy Tours. Race through the sky with a variety of different options and with lines that run up to 1,000 feet! Choose from the basic Canopy Tour to the Canopy Plus Tree Climb, where participants not only have the option of zip-lining, but also holding a tree-climb race to the top. For more information, please visit: http://leadershipsports.com
In Portland, CT, Brownstone Exploration and Discovery Park offers outdoor rock climbing is another way to get the best view from the top. Also available at Brownstone Exploration and Discovery Park, rock climbing is conducted under the supervision of the certified Brownstone belayers and courses range from the beginner to the advanced rock climber. For more information, please visit: http://brownstonepark.com
To get the blood pumping on a more demanding hike, try the climb to Haystack Mountain Tower in Norfolk, CT. To get to this beautiful tower, there is first a steep climb up a hill and a walk up to a 37 ft. stone tower. Once at the top, your breath will really be taken away. Also, Castle Craig and Hubbard Park in Meriden, CT stands on top a 970 foot high mountain – this may not seem like much, but it’s a workout! Be sure to try and catch sunrise or sunset over the views of Sleeping Giant and the Lower Connecticut River Valley.
For more information about events, scenic drives and places to stay throughout fall in Connecticut, visit www.CTvisit.com or call 1-888-CTvisit (1-888-288-4748). Connecticut offers visitors a multifaceted wealth of attractions, historical, cultural and recreational activities, diverse and beautiful natural landscapes, parks, beaches and wilderness sure to fulfill any getaway need – winter, summer, spring or fall. Find us on Facebook for more great ideas for fall, and to share your photos of gorgeous Connecticut foliage!
- 5 Unique Ways to Celebrate Thanksgiving
- 10 Things to Do in CT - Before You Lose Your Paid Vacation Days
- In Connecticut, Follow the Lights to Holiday Cheer!
- 10 Revolutionary Connecticut Views Not to Be Missed this Autumn
- Fall Getaway of the Week
- Connecticut Fall Foliage Report
- Connecticut Fall Foliage Driving Tours
- Dining with a View
- The Great Stages of Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 2014 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Tee Time: CT’s Top 5 Golf Courses You Can Play
- Best Bike Rides: 7 Ways to Go
- Mountain Biking at Its Best
- Making the Most of the Wine Trail
- Under the Covers: Fall Reading, Connecticut-Style
- Romantic Couples Escapes
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Five Icons You Must Visit This Fall
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- A Romantic Night Away
- Splash & Play
- Instant Romance Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save
- Treasure Hunting
- Take a Hike...
- "Holiday Inn" - Goodspeed Dinners
- Mystic Seaport Package: The Museum of America and the Sea
- Connecticut Still Revolutionary Culture Seekers
- Entertainment Package
- Holiday Shopping: Stay, Shop & Save!
- "A Christmas Carol" - 25% off Limited Tickets for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Stay & Play: Catch the Holiday Spirit