- Perfect Summer
- Try It!
- Fan Favorite Towns!
- Where to Cool Off
- Connecticut Open
- A Mystic Deal!
- Beach Rentals
- CT Fairs 2014
- Adventure Amusements
- Mohegan Sun
- CT Antiques Trail
- On The Water
- CT Beer Trail
- Maritime Aquarium
- Park It Here
- Classic Drive-Ins
- The Summer Circuit
- American Art
- Win a Free Getaway
- Under the Covers
- Outdoor Dining
- Top 5 Golf Courses
- Best Bike Rides
Connecticut's Foliage As Seen From New Heights
DO LOOK DOWN: GET UP HIGH TO VIEW CONNECTICUT’S BEAUTIFUL FALL FOLIAGE
Thrill-seekers can see the brilliant fall leaves from a different perspective this season – from up high in the clouds. Tree climbing, zip-lining and adrenaline pumping rock climbing are some of Connecticut’s more adventurous leaf-peeping offerings. Get the birds’ eye view of some of the state’s most breathtaking vistas where the full spectrum of vibrant hues is most visible and trust us, the effort is worth the ultimate reward.
According to current estimates, peak foliage in Connecticut will be between October 5th and November 13th.
Tree Climb Connecticut is run by owner Gary Gross, a professional climber and avid amateur arborist. Gross teaches his students to safely learn how to tree-climb where trees can reach up to 60 feet! During the class, students will learn to climb, sit on branches to get the most amazing views of the fall landscape and then rappel down. Open to all ages, 7 – 80+, tree-climbing is an ideal activity for families and adventure-seeking adults. For more information, please visit here: http://www.newenglandtreeclimbing.com
Empower Leadership Sports & Adventure Center in Middletown, CT, offers an adventure attraction providing Canopy Tours. Race through the sky with a variety of different options and with lines that run up to 1,000 feet! Choose from the basic Canopy Tour to the Canopy Plus Tree Climb, where participants not only have the option of zip-lining, but also holding a tree-climb race to the top. For more information, please visit: http://leadershipsports.com
In Portland, CT, Brownstone Exploration and Discovery Park offers outdoor rock climbing is another way to get the best view from the top. Also available at Brownstone Exploration and Discovery Park, rock climbing is conducted under the supervision of the certified Brownstone belayers and courses range from the beginner to the advanced rock climber. For more information, please visit: http://brownstonepark.com
To get the blood pumping on a more demanding hike, try the climb to Haystack Mountain Tower in Norfolk, CT. To get to this beautiful tower, there is first a steep climb up a hill and a walk up to a 37 ft. stone tower. Once at the top, your breath will really be taken away. Also, Castle Craig and Hubbard Park in Meriden, CT stands on top a 970 foot high mountain – this may not seem like much, but it’s a workout! Be sure to try and catch sunrise or sunset over the views of Sleeping Giant and the Lower Connecticut River Valley.
For more information about events, scenic drives and places to stay throughout fall in Connecticut, visit www.CTvisit.com or call 1-888-CTvisit (1-888-288-4748). Connecticut offers visitors a multifaceted wealth of attractions, historical, cultural and recreational activities, diverse and beautiful natural landscapes, parks, beaches and wilderness sure to fulfill any getaway need – winter, summer, spring or fall. Find us on Facebook for more great ideas for fall, and to share your photos of gorgeous Connecticut foliage!
- Connecticut’s Top 10 2014 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Tee Time: CT’s Top 5 Golf Courses You Can Play
- Best Bike Rides: 7 Ways to Go
- 5 Ingredients for the Perfect New England Summer
- Where to Cool Off This Summer
- Connecticut’s Country Fairs 2014
- Summer Getaway of the Week
- Your Ultimate Summer Guide
- Under the Covers: Summer Reading, Connecticut-Style
- Connecticut Inspires Summer Travel With The “Great Getaway To Connecticut Sweepstakes"
- Romantic Couples Escapes
- New Revolutionary Getaways!
- Outdoor Dining in Connecticut
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Get Out on the Water!
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Try One of Connecticut's Swimming Holes for Water Fun and More
- Hot Diggity Dog! A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour
- The Quick Fix Day Spa Package
- Girlfriends Getaway Package
- A Romantic Night Away
- Instant Romance Package
- Experiences Rail and Beach Package
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame!
- Family Getaway Package
- Lighthouse Weekend Overnight Package
- Lighthouse Stay & Tour Package
- Adventure Park Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save