Connecticut's Foliage As Seen From New Heights
DO LOOK DOWN: GET UP HIGH TO VIEW CONNECTICUT’S BEAUTIFUL FALL FOLIAGE
Thrill-seekers can see the brilliant fall leaves from a different perspective this season – from up high in the clouds. Tree climbing, zip-lining and adrenaline pumping rock climbing are some of Connecticut’s more adventurous leaf-peeping offerings. Get the birds’ eye view of some of the state’s most breathtaking vistas where the full spectrum of vibrant hues is most visible and trust us, the effort is worth the ultimate reward.
According to current estimates, peak foliage in Connecticut will be between October 5th and November 13th.
Tree Climb Connecticut is run by owner Gary Gross, a professional climber and avid amateur arborist. Gross teaches his students to safely learn how to tree-climb where trees can reach up to 60 feet! During the class, students will learn to climb, sit on branches to get the most amazing views of the fall landscape and then rappel down. Open to all ages, 7 – 80+, tree-climbing is an ideal activity for families and adventure-seeking adults. For more information, please visit here: http://www.newenglandtreeclimbing.com
Empower Leadership Sports & Adventure Center in Middletown, CT, offers an adventure attraction providing Canopy Tours. Race through the sky with a variety of different options and with lines that run up to 1,000 feet! Choose from the basic Canopy Tour to the Canopy Plus Tree Climb, where participants not only have the option of zip-lining, but also holding a tree-climb race to the top. For more information, please visit: http://leadershipsports.com
In Portland, CT, Brownstone Exploration and Discovery Park offers outdoor rock climbing is another way to get the best view from the top. Also available at Brownstone Exploration and Discovery Park, rock climbing is conducted under the supervision of the certified Brownstone belayers and courses range from the beginner to the advanced rock climber. For more information, please visit: http://brownstonepark.com
To get the blood pumping on a more demanding hike, try the climb to Haystack Mountain Tower in Norfolk, CT. To get to this beautiful tower, there is first a steep climb up a hill and a walk up to a 37 ft. stone tower. Once at the top, your breath will really be taken away. Also, Castle Craig and Hubbard Park in Meriden, CT stands on top a 970 foot high mountain – this may not seem like much, but it’s a workout! Be sure to try and catch sunrise or sunset over the views of Sleeping Giant and the Lower Connecticut River Valley.
For more information about events, scenic drives and places to stay throughout fall in Connecticut, visit www.CTvisit.com or call 1-888-CTvisit (1-888-288-4748). Connecticut offers visitors a multifaceted wealth of attractions, historical, cultural and recreational activities, diverse and beautiful natural landscapes, parks, beaches and wilderness sure to fulfill any getaway need – winter, summer, spring or fall. Find us on Facebook for more great ideas for fall, and to share your photos of gorgeous Connecticut foliage!
- 12 Ways to Get into the Holiday Spirit NOW
- Six “Secret” Connecticut Ingredients that Will Give Your Holiday Desserts a Twist
- In Connecticut, Follow the Lights to Holiday Cheer!
- Pick Your Own Christmas Trees
- Santa Sightings in Connecticut
- Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- Holiday Fun Across Connecticut
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut Recovers
- Autumn Hikes
- Connecticut Favorites 2013
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Connecticut Wineries
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Fall Foliage Carriage Ride in Litchfield Hills
- Visit Connecticut Amtrak Discount
- Divine Wine Tasting with Priam Vineyards
- Downtown Hartford: Family Breakfast & River View Too
- Take A Hike Package
- Motorcycle Tour of the Quiet Corner
- Holiday Head Start: Shop, Spa & Stay
- Ride the Ridge at Powder Ridge Ski Mountain Park & Resort
- Festival of Lights Special