- A Mystic Deal!
- Where to Cool Off
- Vote Fan-Favorite
- CT Fireworks 2014
- Try It!
- Beach Rentals
- Adventure Amusements
- Mohegan Sun
- CT Antiques Trail
- On The Water
- CT Beer Trail
- Maritime Aquarium
- Park It Here
- Classic Drive-Ins
- The Summer Circuit
- American Art
- Win a Free Getaway
- Under the Covers
- Outdoor Dining
Connecticut's Foliage As Seen From New Heights
DO LOOK DOWN: GET UP HIGH TO VIEW CONNECTICUT’S BEAUTIFUL FALL FOLIAGE
Thrill-seekers can see the brilliant fall leaves from a different perspective this season – from up high in the clouds. Tree climbing, zip-lining and adrenaline pumping rock climbing are some of Connecticut’s more adventurous leaf-peeping offerings. Get the birds’ eye view of some of the state’s most breathtaking vistas where the full spectrum of vibrant hues is most visible and trust us, the effort is worth the ultimate reward.
According to current estimates, peak foliage in Connecticut will be between October 5th and November 13th.
Tree Climb Connecticut is run by owner Gary Gross, a professional climber and avid amateur arborist. Gross teaches his students to safely learn how to tree-climb where trees can reach up to 60 feet! During the class, students will learn to climb, sit on branches to get the most amazing views of the fall landscape and then rappel down. Open to all ages, 7 – 80+, tree-climbing is an ideal activity for families and adventure-seeking adults. For more information, please visit here: http://www.newenglandtreeclimbing.com
Empower Leadership Sports & Adventure Center in Middletown, CT, offers an adventure attraction providing Canopy Tours. Race through the sky with a variety of different options and with lines that run up to 1,000 feet! Choose from the basic Canopy Tour to the Canopy Plus Tree Climb, where participants not only have the option of zip-lining, but also holding a tree-climb race to the top. For more information, please visit: http://leadershipsports.com
In Portland, CT, Brownstone Exploration and Discovery Park offers outdoor rock climbing is another way to get the best view from the top. Also available at Brownstone Exploration and Discovery Park, rock climbing is conducted under the supervision of the certified Brownstone belayers and courses range from the beginner to the advanced rock climber. For more information, please visit: http://brownstonepark.com
To get the blood pumping on a more demanding hike, try the climb to Haystack Mountain Tower in Norfolk, CT. To get to this beautiful tower, there is first a steep climb up a hill and a walk up to a 37 ft. stone tower. Once at the top, your breath will really be taken away. Also, Castle Craig and Hubbard Park in Meriden, CT stands on top a 970 foot high mountain – this may not seem like much, but it’s a workout! Be sure to try and catch sunrise or sunset over the views of Sleeping Giant and the Lower Connecticut River Valley.
For more information about events, scenic drives and places to stay throughout fall in Connecticut, visit www.CTvisit.com or call 1-888-CTvisit (1-888-288-4748). Connecticut offers visitors a multifaceted wealth of attractions, historical, cultural and recreational activities, diverse and beautiful natural landscapes, parks, beaches and wilderness sure to fulfill any getaway need – winter, summer, spring or fall. Find us on Facebook for more great ideas for fall, and to share your photos of gorgeous Connecticut foliage!
- Where to Cool Off This Summer
- Connecticut Fireworks 2014!
- Summer Getaway of the Week
- Unexpected Americana Fun!
- Your Ultimate Summer Guide
- Under the Covers: Summer Reading, Connecticut-Style
- State Launches Second-Annual Connecticut still revolutionary Fan-Favorite Town
- Connecticut Inspires Summer Travel With The “Great Getaway To Connecticut Sweepstakes"
- Romantic Couples Escapes
- New Revolutionary Getaways!
- Outdoor Dining in Connecticut
- Book Your Connecticut Beach Rental Now!
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Get Out on the Water!
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- The Quick Fix Day Spa Package
- Girlfriends Getaway Package
- A Romantic Night Away
- Instant Romance Package
- Experiences Rail and Beach Package
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame!
- Family Getaway Package
- Lighthouse Weekend Overnight Package
- Lighthouse Stay & Tour Package
- Adventure Park Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save