Unplug & Relax
Unplug + Relax: 3 Places to Visit in Connecticut for a Digital Detox
Have you got the urge to purge? Do you have what it takes to spend a few days without cellphone, Internet, social media, computer and - who knows? - maybe even TV? If you're up to the challenge, summer is the perfect time to treat yourself to a digital detox. This month, escape to Connecticut to experience rest, relaxation, rejuvenation and the natural goodness of Connecticut’s seasonal delights.
Escape into the Quiet, Natural Beauty of Litchfield Hills
There’s no better place to begin your digital detox then somewhere peaceful and surrounded by nature, far from the noise of the city. With that in mind, Litchfield Hills is a wonderful destination for a rejuvenating escape. One very deluxe possibility, with spa relaxation galore, is a getaway to either the luxurious Mayflower Inn & Spa in Washington or Winvian in Morris. Another might be a cabin at Broadloaf Mountain Lodge and Luxury Cottages in Cornwall, where we hear the porches are very good for reading, playing cards and dozing off.
By the Shore: A Girlfriend’s Oasis
You certainly can’t be the only one in desperate need of a digital detox – grab your friends and encourage them to break free of their digital devices for a girlfriend’s retreat. The Water’s Edge Resort and Spa offers a great Girlfriends Spa Package where each friend will enjoy head-to-toe attention with a European Facial, Swedish Massage and Marine Therapy Pedicure. Beyond the spa, the resort also offers indoor and outdoor dining, luxurious accommodations and the most peaceful beach – making it the perfect place to stay for a digital detox!
New London Adventures
The New London area is also packed with spectacular spas, perfect for your digital detox. Here is a sampling of special spa treatments to check out:
- Try the revitalizer package at The Spa at Norwich Inn, where you’ll delight in one of their 50 minute services, such as milk and honey pedicures or deep cleansing facials. The package also includes participation in yoga or Pilates class, full access to the spa facility and lunch at the delicious Kensington’s Restaurant.
- The Elemis Spa at Mohegan Sun offers the perfect spa experience for those looking for glowing skin. Sooth away the stress with an oxygen wrap, deep pore treatment massage and a targeted Task Mask to keep breakouts at bay.
- Gather the guys and head to the Saybrook Inn and Spa to enjoy a “Gents Facial” -- created just for him. A hot towel barber wrap and facial massage makes this package a home run.
- UConn - Campus of Champions!
- Top 5 Reasons to Get Excited for Spring
- Awesome April School Vacation Ideas
- 5 Walkable Wonders
- Visit Essex During the Bicentennial Commemoration of the Historic British Raid
- Lake Compounce Brings in New Dogs, Lasers and Tipis in 2014
- Spring Festivals, Flowers & Family Fun
- “Hoppy Easter, Hoppy Spring!”
- Mud Season in Connecticut
- Book Your Connecticut Beach Rental Now!
- 5 Natural Wonders of Connecticut
- 5 Surefire Ways to Leave Behind the Winter Doldrums
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- New 2014 Official Connecticut Visitors Guide Now Available!
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Cabin Fever Reliever
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut Recovers
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Connecticut Wineries