Unplug & Relax
Unplug + Relax: 3 Places to Visit in Connecticut for a Digital Detox
Have you got the urge to purge? Do you have what it takes to spend a few days without cellphone, Internet, social media, computer and - who knows? - maybe even TV? If you're up to the challenge, summer is the perfect time to treat yourself to a digital detox. This month, escape to Connecticut to experience rest, relaxation, rejuvenation and the natural goodness of Connecticut’s seasonal delights.
Escape into the Quiet, Natural Beauty of Litchfield Hills
There’s no better place to begin your digital detox then somewhere peaceful and surrounded by nature, far from the noise of the city. With that in mind, Litchfield Hills is a wonderful destination for a rejuvenating escape. One very deluxe possibility, with spa relaxation galore, is a getaway to either the luxurious Mayflower Inn & Spa in Washington or Winvian in Morris. Another might be a cabin at Broadloaf Mountain Lodge and Luxury Cottages in Cornwall, where we hear the porches are very good for reading, playing cards and dozing off.
By the Shore: A Girlfriend’s Oasis
You certainly can’t be the only one in desperate need of a digital detox – grab your friends and encourage them to break free of their digital devices for a girlfriend’s retreat. The Water’s Edge Resort and Spa offers a great Girlfriends Spa Package where each friend will enjoy head-to-toe attention with a European Facial, Swedish Massage and Marine Therapy Pedicure. Beyond the spa, the resort also offers indoor and outdoor dining, luxurious accommodations and the most peaceful beach – making it the perfect place to stay for a digital detox!
New London Adventures
The New London area is also packed with spectacular spas, perfect for your digital detox. Here is a sampling of special spa treatments to check out:
- Try the revitalizer package at The Spa at Norwich Inn, where you’ll delight in one of their 50 minute services, such as milk and honey pedicures or deep cleansing facials. The package also includes participation in yoga or Pilates class, full access to the spa facility and lunch at the delicious Kensington’s Restaurant.
- The Elemis Spa at Mohegan Sun offers the perfect spa experience for those looking for glowing skin. Sooth away the stress with an oxygen wrap, deep pore treatment massage and a targeted Task Mask to keep breakouts at bay.
- Gather the guys and head to the Saybrook Inn and Spa to enjoy a “Gents Facial” -- created just for him. A hot towel barber wrap and facial massage makes this package a home run.
- 10 Reasons to Love Connecticut during the Holiday Season
- 10 Things to Do in CT - Before You Lose Your Paid Vacation Days
- Made in CT - A Holiday Extravaganza for Gift-Givers
- In Connecticut, Follow the Lights to Holiday Cheer!
- Winter Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Fun & Festive New Year’s Eve Celebrations!
- Santa Sightings in Connecticut
- Pick Your Own Connecticut Christmas Tree!
- Holiday Getaways
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- The Great Stages of Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 2014 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Making the Most of the Wine Trail
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- A Romantic Night Away
- Splash & Play
- Instant Romance Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save
- Treasure Hunting
- Mystic Seaport Package: The Museum of America and the Sea
- Connecticut Still Revolutionary Culture Seekers
- Holiday Shopping: Stay, Shop & Save!
- Stay & Play: Catch the Holiday Spirit
- CoCo's Rockin' New Year's Eve Party