- A Mystic Deal!
- Perfect Summer
- Try It!
- Where to Cool Off
- Connecticut Open
- Beach Rentals
- CT Fairs 2014
- Adventure Amusements
- Mohegan Sun
- CT Antiques Trail
- On The Water
- CT Beer Trail
- Maritime Aquarium
- Park It Here
- Classic Drive-Ins
- The Summer Circuit
- American Art
- Win a Free Getaway
- Under the Covers
- Outdoor Dining
2013 Visitors Guide Now Available
Official 2013 Connecticut Visitors Guide Now Available
Travelers will Uncover Unforgettable Experiences and Places of Inspiration
Prediction of an early spring this year means it’s time to think about putting away the parkas and begin planning spring and summer getaways. Today, the Connecticut Office of Tourism released its official annual Visitor’s Guide, available for free on CTvisit.com and chock full of the best things to see, do and experience throughout the state. No matter the traveler’s personal passion points, the intuitive guide will help create the next great escape, from ideas around arts and culture, music, gourmet and culinary delights to historic haunts and outdoor activities.
Readers will also find a detailed calendar of statewide events, destination descriptions, unique itineraries and photos to help design the perfect week-long vacation, weekend trip or even just a few hours of fun. Whether a first-time visitor or lifelong resident, the guide is designed to help travelers make memories in every corner of the state.
Both Nutmeggers and New England “newbies” are invited to explore Connecticut’s five destination regions -- featured in special sections:
- Fairfield County – Shopping, dining and amusing museums along the coast
- Greater New Haven – Pick your passion in this hub of arts and entertainment
- Litchfield Hills – Winding roads through scenic getaways and colonial villages
- River Valley – Colorful history anchors charm-filled towns along the river
- Mystic Country – Seafaring villages and the unspoiled countryside are a backdrop for gaming getaways
Or, be inspired to create their own themed itineraries with detailed feature articles that outline options for solo travelers, couples, families and multi-generational vacationers alike:
- Artfully Yours – Find your cultural connection at Connecticut’s theaters, museums, galleries and live-music venues
- Hand in Hand – Your guide to couples time, including spas, wineries, antiquing, casino fun and more
- Act Your Age – Connecticut offers activities galore for kids of any age, interest and ability
- Bridging the Past – Visit and revisit some of the state’s most important historic places and events. See why Connecticut is still revolutionary
- A Chew with a View – Dining dockside doesn’t always mean seafood – although we’ve got plenty – also look for inventive eats next to scenic lakes and rivers
- Outdoor Bounty – From leaf peeping to snowshoeing, hiking to swimming, the possibilities for outdoor adventure in Connecticut are endless
Click here to view the interactive online version or to order the 2013 Official Visitors Guide. http://www.ctvisit.com/getawayguide.
- 5 Ingredients for the Perfect New England Summer
- Where to Cool Off This Summer
- Connecticut’s Country Fairs 2014
- Summer Getaway of the Week
- Unexpected Americana Fun!
- Your Ultimate Summer Guide
- Under the Covers: Summer Reading, Connecticut-Style
- Connecticut Inspires Summer Travel With The “Great Getaway To Connecticut Sweepstakes"
- Romantic Couples Escapes
- New Revolutionary Getaways!
- Outdoor Dining in Connecticut
- Book Your Connecticut Beach Rental Now!
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Get Out on the Water!
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Try One of Connecticut's Swimming Holes for Water Fun and More
- Hot Diggity Dog! A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour
- The Quick Fix Day Spa Package
- Girlfriends Getaway Package
- A Romantic Night Away
- Instant Romance Package
- Experiences Rail and Beach Package
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame!
- Family Getaway Package
- Lighthouse Weekend Overnight Package
- Lighthouse Stay & Tour Package
- Adventure Park Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save